Bead Drive 2013
Bead Drive 2013 – Beads Needed to Help Animal Rescues
Sponsored by Beading Divas to the Rescue
The Beading Divas have sold more than $60,000 worth of $20 bracelets and have donated all money (to date) to 30 animal charities (some chosen more than once) in five states (AZ, CA, FL, MA, and KS).
We need beads to continue our mission! You can drop off beads here.
We’re asking the Southern Arizona community, and beyond to help. Like us on Facebook.
When giving beads, please also provide:
• Your name
• Contact info – phone # plus area code if outside Tucson metro
• Name of a 501 c3 animal charity*
On Saturday March 16, 2013 at 4 pm –– The drawing will be held at Silver Sea Jewelry, 330 North 4th Avenue, Tucson, Arizona 85705. One lucky animal charity will be randomly chosen as the recipient of bracelet sales in April 2013. Additional prizes will be awarded too. Come join us and celebrate!
ABOUT THE DRAWING & WINNERS
All entries and winners must consent to having name and charity choice listed on the blog and Facebook.
1st Place Winner:
Random drawing from entries received. One 501c3 animal charity will be chosen as the recipient for April 2013 bracelet sales.
2nd Place Winner:
Random drawing from entries receives. One 501 c3 animal charity will be chosen to receive 6 bracelets to be used as fundraising or volunteer appreciation.
–3 Wild Card Drawings:
Each random winner receives 1 bracelet in their choice of colors
Donations received from outside Arizona will be included in a special random drawing. Winner receives 3 bracelets for their chosen animal charity to be used for fundraising or volunteer appreciation.
–Traveling Treasures Drawing:
The bead donation package that was sent the furthest distance will receive 1 bracelet in their choice of colors.
Biggest single bead donation received: Winner will receive a bracelet in their choice of colors.
The previous Bead Drive Contest winner was: Greyhound Support Transport of Florida in 2011. We raised $1,740 for them in February 2011. In 2012, GST transported 450 dogs out of Florida to adoption groups in non-racing states!
–Silver Sea Jewelry & Gifts, 330 N. 4th Avenue, 624-9954
–CataVinos Wine Shoppe, 3063 N. Alvernon Way, 323-3063
–Clues Unlimited, 3146 E. Ft. Lowell Road, 326-8533
–PAWS Veterinary Center, 300 E. River Road, 888-7297
Northwest, Oro Valley, Marana
–South, Green Valley, Santa Cruz, Cochise
Animal Care Center Of Green Valley, 555 White House Canyon Road, 625-0433
ANIMAL RESCUES ARE ENCOURAGED TO ASK VOLUNTEERS & ADOPTERS TO DONATE BEADS ON THEIR BEHALF. Animal rescues may post flyers at their location or meet & greet venues. To obtain a flyer, email email@example.com and put “Bead Drive” in the subject line.
SMALL BUSINESSES WANTING TO HOST A DROP OFF BASKET at your location, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 955-9061. You will be added to the list. Please ensure that the basket is in a safe location and its contents cannot disappear.
NOT LOCAL TO A TUCSON DROP-OFF LOCATION? PLEASE MAIL YOUR BEADS TO:
c/o Beading Divas
12150 East 5th Street
Tucson, AZ 85748
WHAT KINDS OF BEADS?
Beautiful beads, global beads, glass beads, ceramic beads, mother earth beads, gems & jewels suitable for beading, funny beads, metal beads, pearls, animal beads, letter beads, every color of the rainbow beads, recycled beads, wooden beads, glittery beads, old jewelry made from beads that is suitable for restringing, beads made from natural materials, sparkly beads, ugly beads, thrift store beads, vintage beads, old beads, new beads, synthetic beads, shiny beads, metallic beads, charms, lucite beads…these are ideas. Please no seed beads. Seed beads and other unusable beads are given to other groups & schools that can use them.
BEAD DRIVE 2013 PARTICIPATION RULES
1) No checks or cash donations, BEADS ONLY!
2) Donations are not tax deductible (see below)
3) With your bead donation: Include your name, contact number w/area code, name of 501c3 animal charity of your choice.
4) Entries will be listed on the blog & Facebook as they are received. Please allow 2 weeks to post.
5) Winners need not be present to win. Winners & their charities will be contacted within 3 days. The winners will also be posted on this blog and on our Facebook page.
6) *The 501 (c)(3) animal charity must be located in the continental United States. Entrants will be verified to their 501 (c)(3) status prior to being placed in the drawing box. If the charity is not that status, the person submitting the beads will be contacted and asked to provide another animal charity.
7) You must be 21 to enter.
8) Only one animal charity is permitted per beading donation/entry. You may provide a second gift of beads for an additional entry either listing the same charity or a different charity but not sent in the same box or envelope. No stuffing the ballot box, so to speak.
9) The “original” seven Beading Divas are not eligible to win.
10) All drawings are random unless otherwise described. You agree to rules and the decisions of the judges which will be final in all respects.
DONATIONS ARE NOT TAX DEDUCTIBLE: Beading Divas to the Rescue is not a 501c3 charity. Each month we “volunteer” for a different animal charity and sell bracelets for donation on their behalf. Therefore, donations to the Bead Drive are not tax deductible. The entire price of a $20 bracelet is given to the respective charity whether it’s paid for with cash, a check payable to said charity, or via Paypal/Etsy online sales.
Please like us on Facebook for continual updates re the Bead Drive progress.
To view our donation history – read the about page
Click to view the FAQ page.
For questions, please call 520-955-9061. Thank you